We are currently recruiting for a creative Senior Sous Chef on behalf of an exciting and award-winning restaurant in Central London. The cuisine has been influenced by their travels around Spain and Italy and their methods of cooking over charcoal and wood. In this restaurant, the new Sous chef will help the head chef to build a menu using the Spanish-Italian cuisine. The kitchen is quite new on the ground floor. The team is composed of 24 talented and passionate chefs and the average takings is £45k per week.
As a Senior Sous chef, you will be reporting to the head Chef and will have the responsibility to run the kitchen in his absence and helping design the menu and all aspect of the kitchen management.
We are looking for a Senior Sous Chef who:
* has at least two years’ experience as Senior Sous Chef in a high-quality restaurant
* has ideally experience in Basque style of cooking
* is an inspirational leader, able to motivate and communicate at all levels and is committed to sharing knowledge and skills within service and kitchen teams
* has very strong people management and communication skills when leading a team
* Possess a sense of urgency, can do attitude and a focus on continuous improvement
* Good knowledge of all BOH systems, H&S, hygiene etc.
Sous Chef benefits:
* Great working environment, Friendly team and Amazing staff retention
* Good incentive and internal progression
* Build own personal relationships with suppliers
* Training and development
* Salary package: around £34,000 per annum + £6,500 potential bonus
If you are interested in hearing more about this Sous Chef position, please apply with an updated CV.