We are now looking for a strong Sous Chef to join the passionate kitchen brigade at this contemporary European restaurant in Central London. They would like to develop the kitchen to the next step and achieve in the near future accolades. Already with a team of 12 chefs, you will be serving lovely dishes for up to 120 covers on busy service. The company will be growing in the near future so evolution to a head chef role is possible.
* Sous Chef
* Contemporary European cuisine, using quality produce
* Up to £34K per annum (depending on experience), 4 days in per week, 3days off per week
* Central London
Really busy, their main focus is to keep the standards really high and they really pride to use only fresh produce to make wonderful dishes for their guests. The cuisine emphasis is Modern French with produce sourced from France and England. With a fresh and contemporary outlook on a range of modern cuisine, the menu is consistently changing and evolving with the seasons.
As Sous Chef, you will ensure the consistent and smooth running of food production areas within the Kitchen. You will ensure the on-going training and support of junior kitchen staff by counselling and support them throughout their professional development. You are responsible for maintaining the best food hygiene practices and due diligence as designated by legislation and company specification, including all HACCP records and documentation.
We are looking for a qualified sous chef who:
* Have previous experience in a high-quality restaurant and busy kitchen, Michelin star restaurant would be a plus!
* Has a minimum of two years solid and progressive experience to Sous Chef level within a fast paced high quality driven kitchen
* Is passionate about food with a keen eye for detail and a desire to perform to a high level
* is a cool head in the pressure of service and the skills to act calmly and decisively in a volume environment
* Have the ability to multi-task and work under pressure
* Have good interpersonal and communication skills
* Have excellent attention to detail
* Have food safety training along with relevant culinary qualifications
Sous Chef Benefits:
* Great working environment, friendly team
* Good incentive and internal progression
* Build own personal relationships with suppliers
* Training and development
Interested to hear more about this Sous Chef position or others positions then apply to this one with an updated CV.