We are looking for a passionate and experienced Sommelier for a renowned Michelin restaurant situated in London.
They are looking to build a strong sommelier team, to sell and advise bottles from all over the world.
You will have the chance to open some of the best wines in the world and working alongside an amazing sommelier team. They want to share passion, skills and knowledges.
As a Sommelier, your duties and responsibilities would be:
* Doing the mise en place for the service
* Being focus on the details
* Following the wine and water service
* Assisting the Head sommelier
* Helping the head sommelier in wine advising
* Knowing decanting and pouring wine technics
* Checking if all commis sommelier task are executed to the restaurant’s standards
* Running a station for the wine service
* Explaining in the best way the selection by the glass of the restaurant
* Being able to manage wine pairing depending clients requests
* Advising wine depending the menu
* Having knowledge in term of spirits, cocktails, cigars…
* Welcoming and greeting guests
The ideal Sommelier will have minimum 1 years’ experience and come from Michelin star background.
You must have good English verbal level communication skills and have a passion for wine and precise guest service. Also they need to be very interested about the bar, the food and everything relating to guest service.
The ideal Sommelier will need to have the ability to work under pressure, to follow the house rules and be effective.
The Sommelier must display excellence in personal grooming and presentation. The ability to speak another language would be advantageous.
The perfect candidate for the position of Sommelier needs to be really passionate about the wine and the wine world. WSET or/and Court of Master courses is a plus.
* Salary up to £26,000 per year depending on experience + service charge
* Immediate start
* Stunning wine list
* Experienced Head Sommelier
The candidate needs to be European or must be legally eligible to work in UK.
We are unable to assist candidates in obtaining UK work authorization.
We’ll be happy to meet candidates currently in a position of Sommelier, junior Sommelier or passionate about wine and service.
If you feel you’re the right candidate, please apply for this application. We will be happy to meet you.
Assistant Manager, Hawkhurst- Live in Available My client owns 9 pubs and Restaurants across Kent and Sussex, serving their own...Apply For This Job
Operations Manager – Central London – 50K 3 Sites – High Volume A fantastic opportunity has arisen for an Operations...Apply For This Job
Assistant Manager -fast paced restaurant- Reading – Up to £25,000 My client is a funky, fresh and exciting high street...Apply For This Job